Thursday, March 18, 2010

Would you just use the potty????

So, my 3 year old has decided that he no longer needs to pee in the potty. He has found a few places that he would rather use. My husband had the kids outside playing and all of a sudden he hear something that sounded like water being dumped on the driveway. It was our son, just watering the driveway. We talked to him about it and told him he needs to come inside and do that. Then later that evening I asked him to go potty before bed. He runs back into the room and jumps on me saying something that he mumbled quickly. I asked him to repeat it thinking it may be one of those things that I never understand and just say, "Oh, ok, that's great." As he races through his sentence again, all words run together, I hear, "Ipeeinjeter'sbowl." Did he just say what I think he said? So I ask him to say it slower, "I just peed in Jeter's (our dog) bowl." Seriously, this blog thing is helping me not beat my kids because I think of all of the people who could read this and get a laugh. I looked at Mike and told him this was his department. He took our son and cleaned it all up and firmly, through his laughing, told our son that he is only to pee in the potty while inside the house. Sometimes it is ok to pee outside, but he has to ask first. It did make me wonder though how many times he has quickly told me something that I have no clue what he said, and it is something important. At least he told us before Jeter drank it too, right?

2 comments:

d.n.williamson said...

The other day, we had one of those "yeah, okay, sure" moments. Ellie asked me something when I was on the phone so I wasn't listening to her but just nodded my head and said "oh, yeah, okay...I'm on the phone" 10 minutes later, she came out of our bathroom with a una-brow of eyeshadow, cheek blush, and lipstick.

Macey said...

I love your family. I'm so glad you are blogging. I miss you so much but this makes it easier.