Saturday, March 13, 2010

"Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk", one of my least favorite sayings.


We had a bad computer virus, so our computer was down for a week. But we are now online again, yahoo!! Anyway, one of the phrases that I hate most is "Don't cry over spilled milk"!!! (Another being, "A moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips." Shut up, I like the chocolate on my hips, ok???) Whoever said this never had to clean up the milk that was spilt, walk through the stickiness of milk not cleaned up properly, or try to deal with the smell of it in the carpet, YUCK!! We lived in one place where there was carpet in the dining room, not the best planning. Thankfully we have a beautiful hard wood floor in the dining room of the house we are renting and it is very easy to clean up spills. My 5 year old was so helpful and responded by going and getting the milk for dinner after someone said, "Someone forgot to bring the milk over." Unfortunately, she dropped the gallon of milk and the cap came off. Yep, milk all over the floor. Thankfully my husband has the quickest reflexes in Central PA and got the jug up quickly and only about one third of the gallon spilled. I did not get my camera and take a picture because I wanted to get it up quickly so it did not leak into the nearby vent. I was proud of myself for only rolling my eyes, giving the "are you kidding me?" sigh, and getting the paper towels, and then telling my daughter it was ok, she was not in trouble. Everyone jumped into action, knowing that Mom has a tendency to freak out over spilled milk. Thanks to my good friends the paper towels and the Swiffer Wet Jet, we were all good in no time at all. I didn't freak out, although judging by how quickly tke kids got to work this is one of the things they will make fun of me for when I am old. "Remember when mom used totally freak out over spills?" The older ones will remember more because they were around during the era of the carpet in the dining room. Oh well, I guess they could make fun of me for worse things. I'll just have to spoil their kids with candy.

No comments: