Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Veggie Loaded Omelet


I am a morning person and love making breakfast, I know, weird. My favorite new thing to make is a veggie loaded omelet. I love making omelets because I can multi-task while it is cooking. My kids prefer cheese and ham in theirs, but I like the veggies. It is easy and only messy if you spill it on the counter, like I did this week. In order to make this quickly in the morning, I have cut up enough veggies to store in the fridge so I don't have to cut them up everyday. Usually cut up about 2 tomatoes (Roma), 1 pepper, and then just tear up the spinach before I make the omelet. It cuts way down on prep time every morning. This is very filling and keeps me from snacking all morning.
(For 1 omelet)
Ingredients:
2 eggs, beaten (If you want to do egg whites, use 1 egg and 2 or 3 egg whites)
about 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk
cheese (I prefer mozz or cheddar) I usually use about 2 Tablespoons
chopped peppers
chopped tomatoes
fresh spinach, torn
1 teaspoon butter or non-stick spray
salt and pepper to taste

Heat pan up until butter melts on it. Beat eggs and milk together. Once pan is coated with butter add eggs and cover with lid. I usually check it every few minutes. When eggs are solid add cheese and veggies. Fold half omelet over, cover, and I turn the heat off on mine because we have an electric stove and the burners stay hot for a little while and the omelet will continue cooking. After a few minutes, flip omelet to let other side cook a little. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

controlling craziness said...

Mmmm, the power of suggestion. After reading this, I had to make my own omlette, if that is what you can call it. It ended up being just eggs and cheese and was more like scrambled eggs since the omelette wasn't working out, but tasted great anyway.