Monday, March 22, 2010

The Obama-Care Bill Passed...Where Are My Chocolate Chips?

So, last night I checked online and found that the Obama-care bill had passed. I went and took a bubble bath and read a book by Corrie Ten Boom who had survived a concentration camp. I was inspired by her faith and attitude, trying to not cry about what just happened in D.C. After waking up this morning I did my workout and got the kids off to school. I found myself at a loss because I was still so disturbed about what is happening in our country. I had to think of things that were making my day. My husband made the bed and I got to workout AND shower before the kids were up. There was no fighting this morning about breakfast and the omlet I made was really good. Then I started listening to the radio and got bothered again. I talked to a good friend who was also very upset about this and was even more disgusted by the sell outs in our government. So, since everyone will "have access to health care" I put my worries aside about developing diabetes and made a pan of brownies which will be topped with strawberry white chocolate stuff and chocolate mousse for dessert tonight. Now I feel great, chocolate always makes everything better. I guess I better wipe the chocolate off of my face before I go get my PA driver's license picture taken. It will be interesting to see what happens next. I stocked up on chocolate chips for my moments of despair. I know "keep the faith", and I will, but I will have my CC's for moments when my faith is lacking.

1 comment:

Boogie On Reggae Woman said...

Chocolate certainly makes everything Better. Couldn't have said it better myself!