Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My idea of a car wash


Some people are really great about how beautiful their cars look. As they drive by I envy them and their shiny and buffed cars. But, I am not one of those people, and am alright with that. I haven't found the car wash here yet, has been kind of on my "to don't" list. It has snowed several inches this winter, the most ever I think. Personally, I love the snow. It makes it look so pretty, the kids love to play in it, and it covers where my dog poops so I can delay that lovely chore of picking it up (gross, but true). But, the thing I don't like is how gross and dirty the car gets. Our car is a grey color already, so the salt, sand and "yucka" only intensify the stunning grey color. Today it started raining, so I parked outside and then it stopped raining. It is supposed to start again. Hopefully after today I won't have to clean the rear window with baby wipes so that I can see out of it. Sad, but true. I think I may dress the kids up in their rain gear and have them scrub it a bit. Equally sad, but that is where I am right now. I am updating this entry. It only sprinkled yesterday, so unless it is supposed to rain in the next few days I will have to find the car wash. I may just have the kids rub melting snow on it. Offer them a trip to get ice cream or something, that always works.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

FYI Car wash directions. Go thru Schaefferstown, go straight thru the 2 ligths (big town) Road Y's to go into Lebanon, keep straight, its right there. But you need to wash by hand, not sure if thats what you meant. There is a really good one in Ephrata along 322 Cloiser Car wash. But don't feel like you need a clean car. I don't want to be the only dirty one.

kristen said...

I finally drove through a car wash. Our youngest hated it and screamed the whole time. Oh well, at least our van looks nicer.