Saturday, March 27, 2010

The DMV, not to be confused with a DVM (Doc of Vet Med)

I needed to get my PA drivers license, so I looked up information on line, forms, hours, location, phone number on Monday. I called the phone number yesterday and no one answered. I thought maybe I dialed it wrong, so I redialed, still no answer. Maybe it is break time, I called again in an hour, still no answer, no message, NOTHING. Weird. I went to the address that was listed on line, it was wrong. The DMV is on East Cumberland Street, not Cumberland Street. As I pulled up I read the sign, Closed Monday (which on line it said it was open, and Monday was not a federal holiday, unless you count all of the people who were punch drunk from celebrating Obama-care being passed). " ues thru Sat 8:30 to :15. Thurs. open until 6." The sign really was missing the "T" for Tues. and the 4 for "4:15". One time I heard someone on talk radio compare Obama-care to going to the DMV. You will have to wait in line, not be given the right info., referred to a different line, etc. If this is what Obama care is going to be like, we have a lot of frustration to look forward to. Once inside the DMV, things went well. The people were very nice and I got my new temporary license until they do a background check on me. I took a glimpse at the DL pic I had 10 years ago from PA and tried to bribe the lady with 5 bucks and some coupons that I found in my purse to let me keep that picture instead of the one she just took. It didn't work (I guess there are still some honest government employees who can't be bribed). If anyone has seen the first episode of "The Middle" when the mom gets her new DL pic, it was pretty much like that. I may go back for a retake in a year.

No comments: