Thursday, February 25, 2010

Things that made my day better today

So, the day started out with finding a dead mouse in my cooking utensil drawer and mouse turds in our eating utensil drawer, yes totally gross (I had found mouse turds in the one drawer the day before and had Mike set a trap. I know it is part of living in the country, but gross...) Thankfully I had run the dishwasher last night and had clean utensils to use. So, as I am emptying all of my drawers and bottom cabinets and sanitizing everything. (I am not a clean freak, but mouse turds creep me out.) I had to think of things that I am thankful for today. Here they are:

1. My dishwasher that does all of the sanitizing of the pots and pans and utensils
for me.

2. My deodorant that has lasted to the very bottom (I have never had that
happen, it usually crumbles and I have to pick up pieces off the floor) I
had to photograph this because I don't know that it will ever happen again.






3. My new pants. I got these at Kohls with my 30% off coupon,
on clearance. I LOVE these and recommend them to everyone,
but don't wear them if you are going to be around your husband
a lot that day. He may like them a bit too much. They are kind
of silky. They are "Adidas Thermal System" and they are the most comfortable non-maternity pants I have ever worn. I will have to go and get another
pair when I get another Kohl's coupon.

4. I could actually walk this morning after playing at parents night last night. I was sore last night and feared what that would mean for morning. I guess Jillian Michaels has been helping me get into shape. Almost 6 months prego and I can still fake out a 9 or 10 year old and shoot a "J"on an 8 foot hoop.

Sonic Drive-In logo.svg


5. I did a survey for Sonic and now get a free 44OZ soda next time I go back. I go to a Walmart that is 10 minutes further than the closest one because there is a Sonic there. It is my treat for the month. I love their grilled chicken wrap with honey mustard, onion rings, soda with my choice of flavoring.

6. The kids did not have a snow day today. I love them to death, but I needed them to go to school today.

7. Last, but certainly not least, the comments on a previous entry, about putting stuff away. I miss you guys!!

Thinking of these things helped me to smile as I am cleaning up mouse turds and whatever else the mouse left behind. I will set another trap in each drawer tonight to make sure the party in my kitchen is over. Sorry for all you animal lovers and "save the spiders" people out there. I don't let mice live in my house.

No comments: