Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chunky Chicken Salad

Remember all of that chicken I had to cook? Well, this is one of a couple of chicken recipes coming your way. This is another one of those "add a little of this and a little of that" recipes that I love.
You can make it with as many add-ins or as few as you like.
Ingredients:
4 cups cooked shredded chicken
1/2 cup may0
1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
(If you want more dressing than add more. I think I use less than this, but am not sure, I don't measure it anymore)
1 to 2 teaspoons tarrogon
1 to 2 teaspoons sugar (if craving sweetness)
Salt and pepper to taste (Mine definately needed salt.)

Mix ins:
Grapes
Dried cranberries
Dried cherries
Walnuts
Apples (I prefer Gala)
Chopped up lettuce
Green onions
Chopped celery
Add whatever you want

Mix chicken and other mix ins in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl whisk together mayo and sour cream or yogurt. Add a little bit of milk if you don't want the dressing too thick. Dump dressing over chicken mixture. This is excellent on croissants, or alone. This is one of my favorite summer time dinners to make. My kids think the fruit in it is weird, but that just means more for me.

No comments: