Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches


This is a really easy meal and there is no recipe to follow. I got this idea from my friend, Nicole, in Elkhorn. We often shared recipes with each other and had big dreams of our husbands opening a vet clinic together and then we could open a cafe next door. My friend, Aleca, said we should call it "The Barkery" and have treats for the dogs and lunches for clients. It would be fun. Anyway, I made these this afternoon while my kids were coloring and then heated them up before dinner. I like hot sandwiches, they just taste better to me. The sandwich pictured here does not have cheese. I have 2 children that are anti-melted cheese. They did not get that from me!! Anyway, we had 6 people, so this is what you need for 6 sandwiches. You could also use turkey, roast beef, or sandwich style pepperoni.

6 rolls (I used the ones I bought on the day old bread cart, much cheaper and still really good)
Ham
Cheese (I prefer Provolone)
Sandwich toppings (mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, bacon)
Aluminum foil
Marker to label the sandwiches if people want different toppings (or for those who don't like melted cheese)

Make sandwiches. Wrap them in foil and label if necessary. When ready heat oven to 375. Bake for 15 min, until cheese is melted. Serve with oven fries, veggies, chips, soup, whatever.

No comments: