Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Fudgy Brownies" from www.marthastewart.com


These are seriously the BEST brownies I have ever made. As you can see I have already eaten almost 1/4th of the pan and could probably eat the whole thing. I made these to cut up and take to a friend, yes I am making friends, so I didn't feel bad taking a nibble, or 100 nibbles for that matter. So much for food being my good friend. Anyway, I hope I am not breaking any copy right laws by putting this up, but I had to share it. I am not making any money, just trying to spread the word. I did change the recipe a little, adding vanilla. Seriously, these are so incredibly good, awesome with ice cream. Click here to see the original recipe from Martha Stewart. My modifications are below.

Ingredients:
1 stick butter (she says use unsalted, but I use salted and then add less salt)
8 ounces (1 1/2 cups) semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (my add-in)
3 large eggs
3/4 cup flour
1 cup nuts (optional)

I make it a little bit differently than Martha, saving some tin foil and work. Preheat oven to 350, grease 8 by 8 pan. Melt butter and chocolate chips in microwave. Whisk in sugar and salt, then eggs. Gently stir in flour until mixed completely, do not mix too much (not sure exactly what that means, but I mix it until the flour is well mixed in and I can't see it anymore). Gently mix in nuts. Spread batter in pan (make sure you lick the spoon and completely scrape and devour the left overs in the bowl. I could half of the batter and cook the rest in a bread pan.) and bake 45 to 50 minutes. I have baked them at a lower temp too, they turn out fudgier (usually 320 for a little over an hour), bake until tooth pick comes out mostly clean. Cool in pan and cut into squares, or leave in pan and eat throughout the day like I did. I love these. Thank you Martha!!!

No comments: