Monday, April 5, 2010

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I am starting to "hit the wall" with cooking with this pregnancy, 11 weeks left, I can do it. Maybe this is just an off week, the weather has been so nice so we are outside all of the time. I need to start looking up crock pot recipes again. But, this was totally easy. I put it in the oven in the morning and it was done at 6. I used a 4.5 pound pork tenderloin, but you could use a pork shoulder, a cut of meat with the bone, whatever.





Ingredients:

4 to 5 pound pork tenderloin (or other cut of meat)
Pork rub (I got mine at Walmart in the baking isle near the spices. There are also several recipes online for different "rubs", I am not motivated enough to make any homemade)
Aluminum foil
Rolls
Sauteed sweet onions and peppers (optional)
Mozz cheese (optional)
BBQ sauce

Rub pork with "pork rub". Place meat on 2 pieces of aluminum foil big enough to wrap meat in. Wrap foil around meat and place in a 9 by 13 pan. Cook in oven at 225 degrees 8 to 10 hours (mine took about 10 hours). Remove from oven and let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes (I would also check with a meat thermometer to make sure it is done, which it should be). Take 2 forks and pull meat apart. You can pour BBQ sauce on it, or top it with BBQ sauce when you put it on the rolls. Top with onions, peppers, Mozz cheese. This roast made enough for about 3 meals for our family. I used it for lunch the next day and then used it in tacos for another meal. Love the cook once, use 3 times theory.

No comments: