Monday, April 26, 2010

Avacodo, tomato, and black bean salad



I have been craving salad lately, so here is another creation.

Ingredients:
1 avocado, diced
4 tomatoes, sliced
1 can of seasoned black beans
Salad (I used 1/2 a head of romaine and 1/2 a bag of spinach)

Dressing:
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup vinegar
1 to 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
2 Tablespoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt (I think I will add more next time)
1 teaspoon of lime juice (optional)
sprinkle of pepper

Cut up avocado and tomatoes, mix with beans. Combine all dressing ingredients and shake, whisk, or mix in a blender. Dump dressing on veggies and beans, stir and let it sit for a few minutes. Add veggies and beans to salad, mix well. Enjoy. This is good sprinkled with chips and cheese too. I think next time I make the dressing I will add some paprika or a pinch of cayenne pepper, for a little kick.

No comments: