Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lots of "Me Time"

I have had two very fun days in a row. Yesterday Mike took me to one of my favorite places to shop. I feel like when I walk in the "gods of organization and cool ideas" and their angels sing heavenly praises and rays of sunlight shine on me. Yes, we went to IKEA to spend a gift card that his mom gave me for my birthday. I love their kitchen stuff. If you lack cabinet and drawer space they make fabulous rods where you can hang your cooking utensils. They also have these really cool knife magnets that you mount and then can store your knives, can opener, kitchen scissors, anything else metal that you want to store there (I didn't have to buy one of these because this is what Mike made me for my birthday. A knife magnet encased in this beautiful "birdseye maple" wood). It was a fun day and my husband was such a good sport about it. We ate there and my lunch was sooooooooo good. The people near us had gotten their kids the organic pasta and vegetable medley. Well, our kids ate the PB & J, cookies, and chocolate milk. I think my 23 month old had some fries, juice, and a cookie. So much for a healthy meal. I don't push it when we are out, not worth the fight for me right now. Dinner was more healthy.

Today I got another treat. For my birthday my mom got me a gift card to a spa for a facial. She watched the kids while I went and got a facial. It was so nice to lay there for an hour of peace and quiet. The facial was nice, only had a small part that was uncomfortable. I told the lady about my skin issues on my nose (large pores, lots of junk gets caught in there). She had this little tool that was the size of a pen and had suction in it, like a little vacuum and pushed it all over my nose. Honestly, it was painful, but she got all of the junk out of the pores. That is the job for me. One of my weird secrets is that I should have become a dermatologist. When I see a pimple on myself, husband, or kids for some reason it is so hard for me to resist an attempt to pop it. I know, totally, totally gross. Sorry, probably TMI, but this is my blog, so there. It was a great birthday. My kitchen will be so much more organized and my skin is so smooth and clean. Back to reality tomorrow.

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a great way to spend your birthday. I hope you feel pampered and refreshed. Too bad reality has to set it, right!? What is your due date? Do you have to make it through the summer?