Monday, April 26, 2010

Andrea's Peanut Butter Dip

My friend, Andrea, gave me a great idea for a snack. I did a "deceptively delicious" add-in, and my kids could not tell the difference (I have a serious problem, and feel compelled to add in veggies whenever possible). I could just eat this by the spoonful without the apples or celery, but it is really good with them too. Craisins or dried cherries might also go well in this. I'll have to experiment.




Ingredients:

1 cup Peanut Butter (I prefer the "natural" and crunchy kind without added oil, etc)

1/2 cup carrot, sweet potato, or pumpkin puree

1/4 to 1/2 cup raisins

1/4 cup chocolate chips (I probably added more)

Apples (sliced)

Celery (sliced)


Mix all ingredients except apples and celery. Dip apples and celery in PB mixture. Very, very good.

No comments: