Friday, April 9, 2010

Homemade Pancake Syrup

Has this ever happened to you? You decide you are going to make pancakes, waffles, or french toast and get halfway through making it and find that you don't have enough syrup. This has happened to me more than once, or I have bought syrup and can't find where I put it. My husband taught me how to make syrup, and it is really easy. I actually like it better than store bought now. It is not as thick, but it tastes good.

Ingredients:
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
2 tablespoons of corn syrup
1 tsp. maple or vanilla flavoring, or a little cinnamon

Combine sugars, corn syrup, and water in a pan, bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium and let it cook for about 5 minutes (maybe less). Stir a few times during this process. Add flavoring or cinnamon. Remove from heat. Enjoy over pancakes and other breakfast yummies.

No comments: