Monday, April 19, 2010

I Think This Is What It Is Like To Get Old (No offense to any seniors)

For some reason, maybe because this IS baby number 6 and I will be 37 this year (okay, so the truth is out, I am really not 29 anymore, but I still report that age on every survey I take except, the census). I feel like this pregnancy has been the hardest for me. But I have come to the conclusion that this pregnancy is what it is like to get old.


Forgetting where I put my keys, while they are in my pocket.


Not knowing where my glasses are, while I am wearing them.


Having to pee all of the time.


Grunting when I get up, sit down, get in and out of the car, bend over to pick something up (it could be worse, I could be peeing when I do this, or farting, that would be way worse. I guess that is what I have to look forward to).


Falling asleep 5 minutes into the show I have been excited to see all day long. I am toast after 9 PM. (I am really struggling with LOST not having the "pop up" rerun before the new episode. I forget what happened the previous week because I was half asleep watching it.)



Body aches of all kinds


Forgetting where I put my keys, did I say that already?


Sucking wind after walking up the steps.


Calling one child the other child's name and then getting frustrated when the child I was referring to does not answer (even though I didn't say his name (usually a him that I am frustrated, glad this one is a girl)).


Sneezing and peeing at the same time.


Teeth falling out. (Seriously, the crown I had put in about 5 years ago fell out in January. I will need dentures at age 40, these darn kids.)


Varicose veins, all OVER my right ankle and lower leg. VERY attractive. It looks like I seriously sprained my ankle. I really hope they go away. If they don't go away, maybe I will get a tatoo or something. "mom of 6" or a big "S" for Supermom (or Supercrazy Lady, that's more like it).

ALL of my hair coming in is grey, I guess that is why I have so many red highlights when I color it. This is probably more from my 29+ age, rather than pregnancy, but it sure grows fast.

Losing my keys, in my pocket, I think I may have said that, but not sure. Did I mention memory lapses?


All of these things are what I look forward to in 25 years. I don't know if I will remember I have been through it before or not. It may just seem like de ja vu in that much time. I know it is worth it in end, I just don't think my body can do this again. 11 more weeks, I can do it.

2 comments:

Lebanites said...

I had to laugh. Grunting--yes must be a 30+ thing. And..the varicose thing. My father asks all the time how I got them do they hurt...aren't they going away (on my right leg only too). Thanks Dad You are great!

Macey said...

Hang in there Kristen. The pregnancy will eventually go away, the vericose veins are yours to keep. Lucky you. I personally sport my baby tracks all over my Left Leg.