Monday, April 26, 2010

Chocolate Chips, you have been my friend, and will be with me FOREVER .


The last year of my life has been a bit of a stress, I am wondering if it ever won't be stressful. Probably when I am in a coma or dead, the stress will end. So, I guess it is a good thing to have the stress, it means I am still kickin'. Through this time, of a huge pay cut, finding a new job, selling a house, moving half way across the country, pregnancy #6, and trying to buy another house, I have had many friends who have helped along the way. But, there is one friend who is there waiting for me whenever I am in need. It is my bag of Nestle chocolate chips. (Sorry for all who work at Hershey or who are loyal because we are so close, I prefer Nestle). I call this friend Nessie. She was there for me when my husband got his pay cut and all throughout our move. She was there for me when I found out I was pregnant with baby #6. She was there for me, waiting for me to munch, in the cabinet when my son's friend told me my house was a mess (yes, that really happened, sad thing was I had just cleaned up a bit). She will probably be with me forever, on my hips, under my chin, on my cheeks, and around my belly. I will have a constant reminder of what a good friend Nessie has been to me. My other friends have been there as well to listen and make me laugh. But my chocolate chips are there, hidden in the cupboard, freezer, and fridge waiting for whenever I am in need.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Haha! I love it. Hope you have a great day. Enjoy a chip or two for me! (side note, the word verification for my post was ADSTFAT. Hmm, maybe it is a subtle hint for me not to befriend nessie!)