Monday, July 19, 2010

Zucchini Bread, Courtesy of Paula Deen

It's that time of year again. People who have ambitiously planted and cared for their gardens have zucchini coming out of their ears.

This one of the best zucchini bread recipes EVER. I love the combo of tastes from the lemon juice and the nutmeg. I have a recipe for chocolate zucchini bread that I will post soon too. But to make this awesome bread CLICK HERE. For some reason this link is not going through. So, I am just going to post the recipe here, but know that it is all from Paula Deen. (To find it on foodnetwork.com I entered "Zucchini Bread and Paula Deen".)

Sorry, still no camera. I think my husband took it on the trip. There is a pic on Foodnetwork.com

Ingredients:
3 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon (I usually don't add this, but it is good with it too)
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil (I use apple sauce instead if I have it)
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup water
2 cups grated zucchini
1 teaspoon lemon juice (I usually double this)
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon, and sugar. in a separate bowl combine eggs, water, oil, zucchini, and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Add nuts. Bake in 2 greased normal sized loaf pans for 1 hour or until a tester comes out clean. Or use 5 mini loaf pans and bake for about 45 minutes. Enjoy!!

No comments: