Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One of My "Pet Peaves"



I have a few "Pet Peaves" and will probably blog more about others later. But this one is seriously at the top of my list.

You sit down to relieve yourself in peace and quiet (or with little people banging on the door that is locked and you laugh to yourself thinking, "I could seriously stay in here for hours, but I would probably get hungry. I need to hide some chocolate and bottled water in here somewhere, and bring in the phone next time. Maybe a book, the DVD player and season 1 of 24 that I have been promising Mike I would watch, a 72 hour survival kit...")

You look over to the TP holder to finish off, and.... IT IS EMPTY!!!! All that is left is a scrap of TP clinging to the cardboard roll. I HATE THAT!!!

So, this happened to me in the morning at home. Then I had a doctor appointment, the pee in a cup kind, so I HAD to use to potty at the doctor's office (which is something I try to avoid, if possible.) After I have carefully peed in the cup and place my sample where it is suppossed to go, I look over at the TP and IT IS EMPTY!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! I HAVE TO DO THIS AT THE DOCTOR OFFICE TOO?????????????
It is an OB's office, so many of the women going there are mom's, who I am sure have the same pet peave. What was this last person thinking? I didn't let it ruin my day, but for a minute I was pretty ticked. At least it wasn't like the Sienfeld episode where Elaine asks the person in the stall next to her if she can "spare a square." There were more squares in there, I just had to put them on the cylinder.

What crazy things set you off???

2 comments:

Boogie On Reggae Woman said...

I tend to change the TP whenever I am at a friends house, when its just sitting there, I can't help but change it. Can't believe you have already written 3 blogs since the baby's birth already! We will be up there in August to see the baby.

kristen said...

We'll be glad to see you guys. Blogging is just the way I make myself not be such a hermit.