Friday, July 16, 2010

Chocolate Lover's Dream Cheesecake




This recipe is from my sister Laura. She made this and I had to have the recipe. It is so easy to make and seriously, one of the best cheesecakes I have ever had. Prepare to indulge.

Cake:
1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened (I use the 1/3 less fat kind)
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon flour
1 9 inch chocolate pie shell (or you can make one out of Oreos. I didn't have Oreos, or a chocolate crust, so I just improvised).

Topping:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of heavy cream (I didn't have cream, so I used butter and it worked well)
1/4 cup white chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350. Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Slowly add condensed milk and beat until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Toss 1 cup of chocolate chips with the flour and add it to the cheesecake mixture. Mix well. Pour mixture carefully into pie shell. Bake for 35 min, or until center springs back when lightly touched (I think I had to bake mine for 40 min). Let cheesecake cool. While it is cooling prepare the glaze. Combine 1/2 cup of choc chips with 1/4 cup of the cream in a saucepan, melt over low heat until smooth and glossy. Pour over cheesecake. Put in fridge for an hour and let glaze cool. Melt white choc chips with remaining 2 Tablespoons of cream. Drop in 3 places over chocolate glaze. Swirl lightly with a fork or knife. Store in fridge until you are ready to serve. This is seriously the easiest and best cheesecake I have ever made.

No comments: