Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This is one of THE best salads I have ever had


I was craving salad, again. So, I looked at "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" (if you click on her site you will need a drool rag. She has some really awesome pictures with her recipes) website for some inspiration. She has some really amazing recipes. I had made a similar cabbage salad before, but her recipe blows mine out of the water. I used a regular cabbage instead of napa and red, and I used some romaine lettuce too. I also did not have bean sprouts. I followed her recipe for the dressing, it was amazing. I learned from my friend, Nicole, that to keep ginger for longer you can put it in the freezer. I had some in the freezer and grated it. I did not add the jalapeno peppers for fear of mad heartburn. Everything else I just dumped in the blender (cilantro you can just tear it up and put the stem in with the leaves, makes it was easier). It was worth the time it took to chop the ingredients. If you want a faster version, you could use coleslaw mix instead of chopping the cabbage. I will also add chicken next time (marinating and cooking it in the dressing would be soooo good). Click here to view her recipe. I am making it this weekend for the Memorial Day picnic.
ENJOY!!!

No comments: