Thursday, May 27, 2010

Easy Chicken and Spinach Pasta

This meal was so easy to make and EVERYONE ate it and had seconds. That is always a plus. I make a version of it at least once a week. The sauce can be made in about the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta. You could prep the sauce ahead of time and add everything except for the spinach.

Ingredients:
2 to 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cans of undrained tomatoes, Italian flavored. (I puree mine in the blender because my kids are not big on chunky foods)
1 cup evaporated milk
2 cups cooked chicken
1/2 bag of fresh spinach, chopped (I have also used a box of frozen spinach, thawed, and it was good.)
Cheese to top (optional, I recommend the fresh Mozz, but shredded Mozz or Parm would be great too.)
Chopped fresh tomatoes to top (optional)
1 box of pasta (I used a 14.5 oz box of Rotini)

Cook pasta according to directions. Heat pan, add EVOO and let it heat up. Add garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes, do not let it turn brown because it will be bitter. Add tomatoes. Heat for a few minutes. Add evaporated milk (you could also use cream but I don't have that on hand all of the time), mix well. Let heat through. Add chicken, mix in well. Add spinach when pasta is done cooking. Stir sauce into pasta and top with cheese (I recommend mozz or parm) and tomatoes. Serve immediately.

No comments: