Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Cup, Answered 2 Questions for Me


I have often wondered why men complain about have to buy feminine products for their wives. Just get the box, pay for it and go. It isn't like the cashier has never checked out a box of tampons and will laugh at you. Well, now I know why.

My 9 year old is playing baseball and needed a cup. So, I went to the store with it all, Walmart, to get this necessary piece of protection. I do want grandchildren to spoil, so we have to protect the equipment.

I pick up the cup, looked at it. Is it big enough. He is a youth large pants, does that mean he would take a youth large cup? Looking at it longer I think, this thing is huge, I don't even know that it will fit into his pants. But if I get the small one, it might be too small. Decisions, decisions.

I go for the larger size and think, "He can grow into it."

He tries it on, clearly it is too big. He can wear it on the outside of his pants and does during dinner, just to make us all laugh. My husband told him he couldn't wear it. Fearing that I have to return the cup that I had purchased, I over ruled (never, ever happens) and told him to go put it on. He said it felt ok and he wanted to wear it. I had visions of him running around the bases with this cup down around his ankles. So, now he is the one on the field adjusting himself all of the time.

Which answered my other question. Why during baseball games are the players always adjusting something in their crotch? Now I know, their mom's bought cups for them that were too big.

No comments: