Friday, May 21, 2010

THE SOCKS!!!!!!!

I really don't mind doing laundry. It is part of my job as a domestic engineer and that is why I earn the big bucks, right? I even hang my wash to dry a lot of the time, I enjoy it. However, there is one aspect of doing the laundry that I despise....matching the socks.

Meet my sock hamper. Yup, all of those are clean socks that I have put off matching up for about 4 weeks now. Seriously, the last time I went to Walmart I was so tempted to buy everyone a 10 pack of socks. Then I looked at what was in my card and realized that would double what I was going to spend there that day and refrained.
I would rather deep clean all of my bathrooms, change and wash all of the bedding (7 beds is a lot), and clean out my car, including removing the seats and getting all of that crud out from under them, than match up the socks. So, lots of other things are getting done at my house right now, just not the matching of the socks. I used to match them while watching TV, I am having a hard time multitasking right now. My skill to do that will return, soon, I hope.

Is it that is requires too much concentration (like the matching game that I refuse to play right now because I will lose every time and look like a dumby)? Maybe. Is it that I will undoubtedly have 7 to 10 odd socks left over, therefor leaving the job unfinished? Could be. Oh sock hamper, I HATE you. You sit in the corner mocking me. I think I will have the kids go barefoot for the rest of spring and summer just to avoid confrontation with you. You will sit there and children will ask, "Mom, where's the sock hamper?" and will rifle through you, I refuse to look at you anymore... until...I need some socks.

What is your hated house chore?

2 comments:

Macey said...

I see socks as "Disposable". I'll sort through them, match what I can, and throw away the rest.

controlling craziness said...

Can't you bribe your kids to do it? One day I had Spencer move furniture and clean his room, all for an additional 10 minutes of video game time. I think I got the better deal.