Saturday, May 8, 2010

My 5 Year Old's Way of Helping My Body Image


The past few days my 5 year old has been helping me with my body image. I am 33 weeks prego, so of course I am huge. I have never been the lady that looks like she just has a volleyball in her belly and is stick thin everywhere else. I tend to swell up all over, like a lot of ladies, and I am ok with that. Instead of referring to something as a "Big Fat Mommy..."(Click here to see that post) she has been pointing out things that are fatter than I am. She has tried to make me feel better this week with some of the comments that follow:

"Mom, you do know that the world is fatter than you are, right?" As if that needs validation.

"Mom, our new pool is fatter than you are, right?" Really, she needs to ask me if she is right about that one too?

"Mom, that house is fatter than you." No validation needed, I guess.

Very excited voice: "Look, Mom, that car is bigger than you!!!" (It was a SUV limo. I responded, "Aren't most cars bigger than me?" She said, "Well, yes." Then my 11 year old piped up, "But that Smart Car Grammy and Grandpa have would be kind of small for you." Yes, that would be uncomfortable for me to drive, BUT I CAN STILL FIT INSIDE OF IT.)

and finally, "Mom, that cloud in the sky is fatter than you."

I like this approach to describing things better than the "Big Fat Mommy" way.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love it! Hang in there. The end is in sight! Yippy.