Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal Bars


The "two great tastes that taste great together", these are addicting. I only make them if I can take half of the pan to someone else. I use half bran flakes and half Rice Krispies so that they are a little bit healthier.

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 15 oz or 18 oz container peanut butter (I use crunchy)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups Rice Krispies
3 cups Bran Flakes (like total. I use the Aldi brand because it is cheaper and in 1 cup of cereal you get all the vitamins and minerals for the day - so I could just eat these all day and be set.)
1 12 oz package of chocolate chips

Over medium high heat, mix together sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil and let it boil 1 minute, stirring often. Add peanut butter and mix well until it is blended in. Add vanilla. Pour cereals into a heat proof bowl. Add peanut butter mixture and coat cereal. Press mixture into a greased 9 by 13 pan. Melt chocolate chips (I use the same pot I used for the pb mixture). Spread melted chocolate over pb cereal. Let cool completely. I put mine in the fridge to speed up that process. Share with a friend so that you only heat 1/3 of the pan and share the rest with your family.

1 comment:

Lebanites said...

YUMMMM!!! Thank you for these. We devoured them in no time. LOVED your big mommy posts--you are such a hoot!