Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Kryptonite


These are pictures of my nemesis. And a few pictures of something that removes it.

I saw something very disturbing the other day. It was about 97 degrees outside, very, very hot. As I walked through the parking lot a car drove by and I noticed something stringy attached to the tire. It was gum it had run over about 10 feet before. YUCK. Melty gum sticking to the tire, blah, yuck, yuck, YUCK!!!

Seriously, bubble gum is my "Kryptonite". I cannot take the smell of it (ask my husband. If he chews bubble gum I will not let him within 3 feet of me). I gag through that scene in "Elf" where Will Ferrel eats the gum that has been stuck to the bottom of the railing. GAG!!!

When my kids were given "bubble mint" flavored toothpaste by their grandmother, I hid it because it makes me gag. And the thought of scrubbing my kids mouth with a combo flavor of bubble gum and mint grosses me out. Sad, I know.

So, in primary (our classes for young children at church) I was in gum hell. I was teaching the lesson in front of all of the kids and my daughter walks up and spits her gum out in the trash can (WITHOUT wrapping it in something, which is my cardinal rule). I called on one child for an answer and as she starts talking, her gum falls out of her mouth (making me shudder). Then to top it all off the kid in the very front row starts pulling his gum out of his mouth, just playing with it in his fingers. I had to stop and ask anyone who has gum to keep it in their mouth, it grosses me out.

Totally pathetic, I know. But seriously, I gag when I smell it. I think it may be from going to the dentist and getting that nasty fluoride treatment? I don't know. I need to talk to someone about my issues.

What's your "Kryptonite"?

No comments: