Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chicken on a Stick


These were so easy and a hit with the kids. Who knew that skewers could make chicken more popular. Fortunately, no one lost an eye or had any major puncture wounds when this meal was over. We had some close calls, but all eyes are intact.

Ingredients:
Chicken breast cut into strips(I had chicken tenders, which made this way easier. I didn't even have to cut the chicken up)
Skewers
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup Sprite or other lemon lime soda
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 cup soy sauce
chopped fresh cilantro to taste (I used about half a bunch from the store)
2 hot peppers, chopped and seeded (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix oil, soda, lime juice, soy sauce, cilantro and chopped hot peppers. Pour over chicken strips. Marinade for awhile (I made this in the morning, but you can probably do it up to 30 minutes before you are going to grill). Soak skewers in water (I soaked ours for at least an hour and they still burned. I will soak them longer next time.) Fire up the grill, put chicken on skewers and cook until no longer pink inside. I used the left overs we had on top of a salad the next day.

No comments: