Tuesday, August 3, 2010

At Least She Was Listening

During lunch I try to tell scripture stories to my kids using the pictures that we have. We came to the picture of Peter trying to walk on the water, and then sinking when he sees the big waves.

That evening while my 5 and 3 year old were in the tub I was cleaning the bathroom (the multi-tasking crazy lady that I am at times) and I hear my 5 year old saying, "Help me, Jesus. Save me, save me" over and over again.

I peeked around the corner and she has the bath toys (a boat and captain of the boat) in the bath and she is holding the captain under water. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "It's the story we did today, you know, the guy sinking in the water." At least she was listening. I guess you never know when what you say and do will make a difference. I guess I should keep on doing it then.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Keep it up. It always surprises me what they pick up and when!