Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pumpkin Buttermilk Pancakes

I don't think I had ever purchased buttermilk until I decided to try to make real buttermilk pancakes. Oh, baby, it is in my cart each time I go to the store now. I LOVE making these pancakes and they are always inhaled. I found a recipe for buttermilk pancakes at www.allrecipes.com ("buttermilk pancakes II") and changed it a little bit and found breakfast for dinner perfection.
Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk
1 cup milk
3 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup pumpkin
chocolate chips (optional)

In mixing bowl combine dry ingredients (not including chocolate chips). In a seperate bowl, mix wet ingredients together. Heat griddle and shmear with butter. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix until it is just blended. Scoop onto hot griddle using 1/3 measuring cup. Add 4 or 5 chocolate chips to each pancake, flip them and finishing cooking them. Enjoy with some good syrup.

No comments: