Monday, November 22, 2010

The BEST Sweet Potatoes!!!!!!!! (from someone who really doesn't like sweet pots)

I am posting this before I have a picture of them, that will come after Wednesday. I make these a day ahead, just one less thing to do when worrying about the turkey or getting kids ready to go eat the turkey. I am not a huge fan of sweet potatoes. I refused to eat them growing up and would never dream of ever making them, that was all before I had these babies. Then one Thanksgiving while we lived in Madison, WI we had Thanksgiving dinner at church with a TON of our friends who didn't have any family close by. My friend, Maggie Richards, made these and they are a part of Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. They are like dessert and I LOVE them. Try them, I dare you. You will become a fan too.

Maggie's Sweet Potatoes

3 C. cooked, mashed sweet potatoes

1 C. sugar

¼ C. melted butter

2 eggs well beaten

1 tsp. vanilla

1/3 C. evaporated milk

Mix together and put in greased 9x13 pan.

Topping (I actually doubled the topping from Maggie's recipe. So, do a few more push ups or something.)

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup flour

5 Tablespoons melted butter

1 cup chopped pecans

Sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes. Bake 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

3 comments:

d.n.williamson said...

I made the Pumpkin Buttermilk Pancakes the other night. YUM!

Anonymous said...

For some reason it is not letting me leave a comment on my own blog as myself. Whatever. So this is Kristen saying - I made them the other night and ate 3 of them while waiting for them to be done cooking. After making those pancakes it is hard for me to make them from a mix. Now, I am a pancake snob. Glad you liked them.

Taylor Swim said...

Oh baby! These amazing potatoes remind me of you every time. Thanks for introducing them to us. We make them at every holiday now. My mom called yesterday to get the recipe to make them for the gang in Utah.