Monday, November 22, 2010

Cranberry Sauce

I have been buying cranberries like crazy and freezing them because I love to make cranberry bread and cranberry sauce. This is really easy and packed with lots of vitamins to help boost your immune system. I puree mine so that is not so chunky and then add it to yogurt. I am going to try it in cheesecake this year. So, look for more cranberry recipes in the next month.

1 cup orange juice
1 cup (or a little more) sugar
1 12 oz bag of cranberries
zest of one orange, and then orange segments chopped (optional)

In a pot combine OJ and sugar. Bring to a boil. Add cranberries, zest, and orange segments. Reduce heat and cook 10 minutes, stirring often. Let mixture cool. I puree mine in the food processor (since my magic bullet bit the dust last month. Sniff, sniff). Store in fridge and don't tell your kids how good this is for them.

No comments: