Sunday, November 7, 2010

Trick or Treat Blonde Brownies (with pumpkin), I also call them "Halloweener Brownies"


I have had a hard time getting to the blog lately, but I really wanted to post this one. Are you tired of your kids asking you for Halloween candy and wanting to get rid of it (we got 7 gallons of candy)? This is a great way to get rid of the candy fast, and you still get to enjoy some of it too. You also get to sneak pumpkin in, which adds some nutrition. If you don't add the pumpkin, then reduce the flour by about 1/2 cup. Make it for your family and then take left overs to your neighbors or send them to work. Then you are only left with the "Now and Later"s and other non-chocolate candy that does not tempt me one bit. I got this recipe from the little book that came with "The Perfect Brownie Pan" that my mom got for me. I tweaked it to make more and added the pumpkin.

1 1/2 cups butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cups sugar
1 can pureed pumpkin
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
4 1/4 cups flour
baking soda
salt
2 to 3 cups of unwrapped halloween chocolate candy (candy corns are okay too) cut up larger pieces so that they are about the size of chocolate chunks. Kids can help with this and love it.

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 by 13 pan. Cream butter, sugars, add eggs, pumpkin, vanilla. Mix flour, baking soda and salt together. Mix two mixtures together, mix in candy. Spread mixture into pan. Bake for about 40 minutes (I think mine took more like 45), until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (you may want to cover it with foil at the end if it is starting to brown too much on top.) I like to have mine right out of the oven, in a mug with milk over it. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: