Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mexican Shepherds Pie

Still have no idea why it is called Shepherds Pie, but... whatever. This took minutes to make and was really good. I am a HUGE fan of the cook once, serve 4 or 5 times theory. I had some taco meat that I had made and frozen, and instant potatoes I had gotten 4 for $1. Why did I only get 2 boxes, I guess there wasn't a ton of room in my cart or something. Anyway, this was a great alternative to tacos and if I would have had some pureed butternut squash or cauliflower I totally would have snuck it in.


Ingredients:

2 pouches (1 box) of instant potatoes made according to instructions.

1 1/2 pounds of taco meat

1 small can of tomato paste

salsa

nacho chips

cheese


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put prepared instant potatoes in greased 9 by 13 pan. Heat up taco meat, add desired amount of salsa and can of tomato paste (I do this to make it a bit thicker and it adds more vitamins to the mix too). Spread taco meat over potatoes. Cook in oven for about 20 mintues. Add nacho chips and top with shredded cheese (I only had cheese slices) and heat in oven until cheese is melted.

No comments: