Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Cheesecake (AKA Halloween Cheesecake)





I had to call this Halloween Cheesecake because I knew if I called it "Pumpkin Cheesecake" that no one would eat it. In fact, the child who helped me make this and knew I put pumpkin in it picked the chocolate out and refused to eat the rest of the cheesecake. Punk. Anyway, this was an easy way to get a serving of veggie in the kiddos.

Ingredients for crust
1 cup oats
1 stick of butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
water to add if needed

For Cheesecake:
1 can pureed pumpkin (I think it is a 15 oz can, whatever size can is closest to that)
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (more if you want)
1 8 oz block of cream cheese (I prefer the 1/3 less fast kind)
1 can condensed milk
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon flour

For topping:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients for crust and press into a greased 8 by 8 pan (or 9 by 9 pan). Mix pumpkin and cream cheese together. Mix flour and chocolate chips and set in fridge (the flour makes it so the CC's don't melt into one big layer). Add condensed milk, eggs, powdered sugar (you need to taste it to make sure it is sweet enough), pumpkin pie spice (add more if you want). Mix in choc chips. Pour into pie crust and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until it is set in the middle. Let cake cool completely. Melts choc chips and butter together and spread or drizzle on top of cheesecake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

This is what it looked like when my punk helper ate hers and just picked out the chocolate. Oh well, I tried.


No comments: