Monday, October 4, 2010

Asian Salad with Sesame Noodles


This is my new favorite salad. The picture does not do it justice. It is a combo of two recipes from "The Pioneer Woman Cooks". She is my inspiration for dinner lately. She has got some amazing recipes, and I love trying new things. I sometimes have to improvise because I don't always have everything the recipes call for. But, they turn out great anyway. Explore her website, you will need some kind of water proof protector for you keyboard to keep drool from getting on it. Her pictures will make you salivate!!

One night I made the Sesame Noodles pictured here. Click here to get her recipe. I added left over pork roast, a red onion, and a red pepper. I didn't have the rice wine vinegar, so I used apple cider vinegar instead.


TPW_1367


Then I made her salad, Ginger Steak Salad, without the steak. A hint, I make this a lot. I just keep a big hunk of ginger in my freezer and then grate what I need, and keep the rest of later.

REE_9825

I added the noodles to the salad and Viola, it was really, really good. I added cucumbers, tomatoes, and yellow and red peppers. Add some left over grilled chicken and you are good to go. Did I say it was really good?

1 comment:

Lebanites said...

okay, so is this as good as the other asian salad, or better?