Friday, December 10, 2010

My New Favorite Cookies


These have become my new favorite cookies to make. They are VERY tasty, easy to make, and look really cute too. I never used mini-muffin pans a whole lot, until now. I love them. I think I found some for $4 at Walmart. This is a great time of year to buy Hershey Kisses too, all of the special flavors go on sale. I remember getting them in WI at Walgreens 5 for $5 and I can get them here for 65 cents a bag. My personal favorites are the Candy Cane and Mint Truffle flavors. Other flavors work, those are just my fav's. These are great because they make a lot in a short amount of time. (I have 4 pans, can make 8 dozen at a time.) You can use refrigerated cookie dough or brownie mix for these. I am including my favorite sugar cookie recipe. I found it at allrecipes.com and added more sugar, it just wasn't sweet enough. It is really good. Click here for some awesome Chocolate cookie dough recipe (double for 6 to 8 dozen mini muffin cookies, you can omit the extra chocolate chips, but why would you want to do that?), and Click here for some awesome brownie batter (double for 6 to 8 dozen mini muffin cookies).

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract (Optional, but very good, especially if you use hershey kisses with almonds in them. Not sure how it tastes with the mint kisses, but will find out today.)
5 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Hershey Kisses
M & M's

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray. Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, vanilla. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture. Spoon batter into mini muffin pans. Bake for about 7 to 9 minutes, keep checking. While they are baking, unwrap Hershey kisses (I have the kids help by doing this, so that I can hurry up and make the batter without too much "help"). When they are done top the cookies with the kisses as soon as you get them out of the oven. After the kisses soften, top with an
M & M and push it down softly. Allow them to cool completely before you store them, otherwise the candy will smear. They are sooooo good and look so pretty. Enjoy. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Taylor Swim said...

Great idea. I've never thought to do that before. Thanks!