Sunday, September 5, 2010

Grilled Pizza



Wow, it has been awhile since I have done this. I took a break because I was tired of hearing "When is it my turn on the computer?" So, we didn't turn the computer on during the day for awhile, which means, I don't get my time to go online in the afternoon. I have been making some really good dishes, and continue to manage the chaos at our house. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO hot last week and I didn't want to use the oven and stove, so I decided to use the grill (our garage sale purchase a few weeks ago). I made grilled pizza, and this was really, really good. I found this website, simply recipes.com, helpful for the "how to" of grilling pizza click here to see it. The dough I used was 1/2 reg flour and 1/2 whole wheat. I will definitely make it in the near future, like tomorrow for Labor Day (which we will honor with a day of labor at the Nelson home. I have my long list ready.)


Ingredients:

Pizza dough. Click here for my recipe or use the recipe from Simply Recipes. Mine will make 2 small pizzas, the one from Simply Recipes will make 2 large pizzas. You can also try store bought pizza dough.

Pizza sauce

Cheese

Toppings

Extra Virgin Olive Oil



Dab a paper towel with olive oil and wipe it on the grill. Heat up grill, I would do it on Med-Hi. Brush top of pizza dough generously with Olive oil. Put the oiled side down on the grill and let it cook until done on that side. While it is cooking, brush top side with olive oil. Flip crust (I used a large grill spatula) and then top with sauce, cheese, and toppings. Close grill and continue to cook until cheese is melted. I actually turned the grill off because I was worried about the crust burning. It was really good and the kids liked it a lot.

No comments: