Sunday, September 5, 2010

Things I Love About Where We Live

Although I do still miss WI, there are so many things I love about PA. It is close to where I grew up (so I am a little biased). We are in Myerstown, PA, definitely very rural. I love that we have a...drive thru Dairy. We go to Patches family dairy twice a week for milk and eggs. They just need to sell bread and that will eliminate my last minute dash to the store. I would rather drive the 10 minutes to the dairy than lug all of the kids inside the store for 4 gallons of milk and then spend another $20 on things I don't really need.

I also love...

the patriotism of the people in this area. There are several people here descendant from those men who fought in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars. People fly the flag in their yards all of the time. I drove to my sisters yesterday and in Robesonia the streets were lined with flags for about 2 miles (this is a picture of a couple of the flags). It was a beautiful sight. The people here are God loving people. The kids got to sing REAL Christmas Carols at school, not just "Jingle Bells" and "Santa Clause is Coming to Town." They got to sing "Joy to the World" and "Hark the Harold Angels Sing."

My last love is...the farm stands. I got all of these peppers for $2, and they were THE SWEETEST peppers I have ever had. I got a HUGE, GINORMOUS watermelon last week for under $2, honey-dew for $2, and tomatoes for super cheap too. There are produce stands all over and I love being able to buy farm fresh food. Mike brought home a bushel of peaches from a farm. I canned 1/2 of them and was done with that chore (it was only 90 that day, too hot to be canning.)

As much as we miss WI, there are a lot of awesome things about his area. We are settling in and wish we could move everyone we left behind here, I am home sick for my friends. It has been a great move for our family, but we do miss our Wisconsinite friends.

1 comment:

Macey said...

We miss you too!! I'm so glad you blog so we can see all the wonderful things you're doing.