Monday, January 31, 2011

The Under 200 Calorie Omelet

I am a breakfast person. I like to make breakfast, except on busy mornings (which is about every morning in our house). But, I do take a few minutes to make myself this omelet often, and it comes in at only 181 calories, but don't let it fool you. It is very satisfying. I do the multitasking - make this while I am emptying the dish washer, or getting lunches together in the morning.

Ingredients:
2 eggs (I use the entire egg, but you could use more eggs and only use the egg whites to save on calories)
1 cup baby spinach
2 Tablespoons shredded part skim mozzarella cheese

Spray small pan, or wipe with butter. Add spinach and saute until it begins to wilt. Add eggs that you have cracked and stirred already. Cover. I usually cook it about another 2 minutes, check it, when the eggs are no longer glossy, I add the cheese. Fold omelet over on cheese. Turn off heat and allow it to sit for a minute or two.

3 comments:

mom said...

It's also really good with salsa on top - another serving of veggies down.

kristen said...

That does sound good.

Janene said...

I think I may try this. I happen to have spinach in the fridge right now! :0)