Friday, January 28, 2011

Skinny Soup Series - Coming Soon

So, one of my goals this year is to lose this baby weight (44 pounds that I have been packing around since I had my baby in July). I carried two kids across the snow yesterday and realized that this is what I am carrying around - everyday. Anyway, I am 12 pounds along, and very happy with my progress. There are 3 things that have helped me:

1- www.myfitnesspal.com - helps me track what I eat and even calculates the calories for dishes that I prepare myself (After eating two of my "Blond Brownies" I learned that they each have 453 calories. So, I only ate one more instead of three more.) I helps me track how many calories I can consume each day if I want to lose a certain amount of weight each week. This has been great. There are also great people to blog with who are trying to do the same thing.
2- Skinny Soups - I have made up a couple of soup recipes and each of them are very filling, extremely healthy, and very low cal. I eat them for lunch - and my lunch is under 200 calories and I am satisfied.
3 - I made a fitness goal to run a 1/2 marathon on April 9th. So, I do 4 runs a week (2 short, 1 medium, and 1 long). I also started doing Jillian Michaels "30 Day Shred" again a couple of times a week. Having a fitness goal helps motivate me to get out and work out - even in the snow.

So, I am starting a series of postings called "Skinny Soups". Check back tomorrow for one of my favorite new lunches.

No comments: