Thursday, July 7, 2011

Monster Cookies

I got this recipe from my sister in law, Jayna, years ago. It is REALLY good. These are great for people who can't have wheat because they don't have any in them. My friend, Nicole, asked for this one, and I FINALLY found it... in a box... while cleaning out my basement... which is a whole different entry. Warning - this makes a lot of big cookies. You may want to cut the recipe in half (especially if you don't have a BIG mixing bowl). Hope you enjoy!!! I think I might have to make some this weekend. My mouth is seriously watering at the thought of them.

1 1/2 cups shortening with 3 T butter mixed in (I have used all butter before too and they are still really good. The shortening does make them a bit softer.)
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 cups sugar
6 eggs
3 cups crunchy peanut butter
2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
1 Tablespoon AND 1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons Vanilla (I use 1 Tablespoon because I like it a lot.)
10 Cups of Oats (I use regular oats, but you could use quick oats if you want)
1 12 oz. package chocolate chips
1/2 to 1 medium sized bag of M & M's. (Optional, but makes them look really cute.)
Other good things to add - Reese's Pieces, PB chips, white choc chips, etc.

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, PB corn syrup, vanilla. Mix oats and baking soda together (I usually just add the baking soda to the first cup of oats that I measure out). Add oats a few cups at a time until mixed in. Spray a 1/4 cup measuring cup with non stick spray. Use it to scoop dough onto cookie sheet. I usually smush the dough down a little bit. I can usually only fit 6 to 8 per cookie sheet. So, if you don't want it to take that long, make the cookies smaller. The recipe says bake them 11 to 13 min, until they begin to brown. I have had to bake them longer. Set the timer for 13 min, see how they are. They are done when they begin to brown. These are sooooo good, my mouth is watering right now.

1 comment:

d.n.williamson said...

THANK YOU! (And Derek will thank you too!)