Thursday, July 14, 2011

He REALLY is listening...sometimes

So, many of you who are my friends and family know that we have a VERY active son, my almost 5 year old David. If you are looking for a new comedy show to produce I strongly recommend filming my family at church. Whenever we sit in the row and new people are around us I always say to them, "Welcome to the circus, it is free of charge." They laugh, but then 10 minutes into the service they know I am serious.

I have a calling with our children's classes (which we call primary). I sit with my son David, more like chase him and his friends around the room to try to get them to sit down and listen. This past Sunday was a challenge. First he pretended to kick the music leader in the shin while singing, "Socks and Sandals" from the Disney channel show "So Random" (I think I laugh at that show more than my kids do.) Then he kept trying to stick up his middle finger because he has been told NOT to stick up his middle finger. Lastly he made a farting sound on his arm and then yells, "Mom, stop farting!! Sister Gillon (his teacher) stop farting!!" Are you laughing - I hope so, because I am. But, it was not too funny at the time, unless you were watching.

Amid all of this chaos and craziness, he leans his head over on his teacher who had been gone for a few weeks visiting her mother who is having heart problems. He says to her sweetly, "Sister Gillon, how is your mom feeling?" She said, "Her heart is hurting." David matter of factly says, "I know that if she could touch Jesus's robe her heart would get better." Her heart melted, and so did mine when she told me. I read scripture stories with him often before bed and wonder if he ever really listens. Obviously, he did for the story of the woman who had an "issue of blood" and touched the Savior's robe and was healed.

"Drop by drop" we are helping to fill their lamps.

No comments: