Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"See, Mom..." Part 2 of "The Bat"

To see part one of "See, Mom..." click here.

The saga continues. Yes, my son was right about the bat, again. His coach even said that he should use it (in spite of the fact that it clearly says it is a SOFTBALL bat, not BASEBALL).

After striking out the first at bat, Joe came to the plate again with determination in his swing. The pitches flowed and after a couple, CRACK, he hit a double to right field. He was so excited, it was the first time he had gotten on base in a long time. When he come in from running the bases, out it came again..."SEE, MOM, I TOLD YOU that I could hit with that bat."

Okay, I am still trying to figure out how he is hitting with this bat that is definitely too short for him and the barrel of it is smaller than a baseball bat. It would make a great physics problem, maybe I should have paid attention more in Mrs. Manic's class. I have no idea how to figure it out.

Oh well, I guess it is okay for him to be right. I am just glad he is hitting the ball. I am sure there will be many, many, many more times when I hear that horrible phrase that is like finger nails on a chalk board, "See, Mom..." I am glad I NEVER said that to my mom, yeah right. She is such a good sport.

No comments: